CVM Pawnshop & Money Changer Corporation
STATEMENT OF THE POLICY
CVM PAWNSHOP & MONEY CHANGER CORPORATION is committed to adhering and complying with the provisions of the Data Privacy Act (RA 10173) in the collection of personal data and the protection of the rights of the data subject.
In transacting with us, the customer will be required to furnish the following personal information:
- Full name
- Present address
- Email address
- Place of birth
- Date of birth
- Nature of business
- Business address
- Source of funds or income
- Identification cards
- Specimen signature
- Bank account
- E-wallet account
(As our customer, you are responsible in ensuring that the personal data provided is accurate and up to date.)
HOW WE COLLECT
We collect your personal information through secure contact points, such as by registering an account with us through our website or by signing up using your Facebook or Google Account and through our branch personnel.
Data collected are classified as follow:
- Digital or electronic form
- Paper based or physical format
HOW LONG CVM PAWNSHOP CAN KEEP YOUR DATA
CVM Pawnshop and Money Changer Corp. processes and retains personal data based on the guidelines of periods in processing personal data in this manual.
CVM Pawnshop and Money Changer Corp also adopts the retention guidelines under AMLA record keeping within five years for inactive account unless the compliance dept. gave an advisory to extend the period due to legal purpose.
Records or excessive copies of personal data that needs to be disposed should be shredded or disposed in a manner that won't allow access or reconstruction of the data in the document.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER DATA PRIVACY ACT OF 2012
- To access your personal data
- To know if your data is being processed or has been processed and for what purposes
- To correct inaccuracies, errors and incomplete information
If you believe that any of your personal data that we have is incorrect please go to your nearest CVMP Branch or email us email@example.com. We will correct any reported incorrect information.
You may request deletion of your personal information in our database subject to approval due to AMLA rules and regulations of storage of customer information and retention of transaction records.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer through the following:
CVM Data Protection Officer
Unit 1208 AIC Burgundy Empire Tower, Garnet Road Cor. Sapphire Road ADB Ave. Ortigas Center Pasig City
- To file a complaint
USAGE OF DATA COLLECTED
The personal information collected will be used for the following, but not limited to, purposes:
- To process your transaction as our customers in order to fulfill our services offered.
- To address and respond to your concerns, inquiries and/or complaints, if any.
- To comply with government laws and regulation in the protection against, identification and prevention of fraud and other crimes, claims and other liabilities.
- For market research and analysis to better understand your interests and preferences.
- To send you marketing promotions, offers, and information of the latest updates on CVM Pawnshop and Money Changer Corp. which may be sent through email, post, phone, SMS and other electronic means of communication.
- For other intentions which we will inform you about, at the time we collect it or for which we will seek your consent.
CONSENT OF THE DATA SUBJECT
The personal information collected can only be obtained with your permission and consent.
However, it is possible that the transaction requested by you cannot be processed if certain personal information, deemed vital, is refused to be furnished.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We may share your personal data to third party service providers to help us improve our services.
By giving your consent, you are authorizing CVM Pawnshop and Money Changer Corp. to disclose your personal data to accredited/affiliated third parties or non-affiliated third parties for legitimate business purposes and enforcement of its right.
SECURITY OF THE DATA COLLECTED
The personal information collected from you can only be accessed by authorized personnel of the company. It will be retained for a period of ten (10) years.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT CVM PAWNSHOP AND MONEY CHANGER CORP. HAS THE RIGHT TO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY LEGAL, REGULATORY, GOVERNMENTAL, TAX, LAW ENFORCEMENT OR OTHER AUTHORITIES OR THE RELEVANT RIGHT OWNERS, IF CVM PAWNSHOP AND MONEY CHANGER CORP. HAS REASONABLE GROUNDS TO BELIEVE THAT DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS NECESSARY FOR THE PURPOSE OF MEETING ANY OBLIGATIONS, REQUIREMENTS OR ARRANGEMENTS, WHETHER VOLUNTARY OR MANDATORY, AS A RESULT OF COOPERATING WITH AN ORDER, AN INVESTIGATION AND/OR A REQUEST OF ANY NATURE BY SUCH PARTIES. TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE NOT TO TAKE ANY ACTION AND/OR WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS TO TAKE ANY ACTION AGAINST CVM PAWNSHOP AND MONEY CHANGER CORP. FOR THE DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES.